Job Title: Senior Site Superintendent – New Construction Mid/High Rise
Location: Waterloo Region
Job Type: Full Time
Since 1974, Van-Del Contracting has been building a better way as a General Contractor specializing in the Living/Retirement, Hotel and ICI construction markets. The dedication and commitment of our employees continue to be the foundation of our growing family business resulting in a solid reputation for superior quality and long-lasting customer relationships. In the era of an ever-changing workplace we are proud to boast some of our first employees are still employed today.
Our extended Van-Del Family is seeking an experienced Site Superintendent for new-building high-rise construction. The candidate will provide overall construction management including design, budget and schedule in conjunction with the Project Manager, Subcontractors, Owners, Engineers and Architects.
- Manage work on site to ensure the compliance of construction with the drawings, specifications and safety regulations.
- Plan and implement schedules, determine manpower levels and material quantities, ensure proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and support the team’s ongoing progression
- Advise Project Manager and senior management of potential problems, work interferences and schedule difficulties and assist in resolving these problems
- Construction related degree/diploma and/or apprenticeship in related trades.
- 5-8 years of construction related experience ideally in the high-rise market.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations specifically construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Familiarity with ProCore an asset.
- Ability to lead and assess trade performance on the job.
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges.
- Ability to visualize the entire project and anticipate constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules.
- Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency.
- Ability to manage others and many facets of the construction project and assume responsibility.
We offer all the bells and whistles including a competitive salary, Company Vehicle, Matching RRSP program, extensive health benefits for you and your family all in a safe, fun, family work environment.
Van-Del is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit Cover Letter and CV directly to Michael@vandel.ca